Who we are
Successes To Date
You are here: Home » Who we are » Successes To Date
In line with our mission to ignite opportunity and social change, we are proud that since 2004 we have:
• Extended our offering to a second campus in the town of Karatara (Eastern Cape), thereby proving TSiBA’s replicability. TSiBA Eden offers our Certificate in Practical Business Administration programme.
• Awarded more than 4000 full tuition scholarships to young people who would otherwise be unable to access higher education.
• Obtained accreditation from the Department of Education for our Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Entrepreneurial Leadership. This is noteworthy because it represents the first undergraduate degree in the country that includes Leadership and Self Development as credit bearing subjects. Our Higher Certificate in Business Administration is also accredited.
• Produced 7 graduates who have been awarded the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship, one of the most prestigious scholarships on the continent, to pursue further postgraduate studies, as well as 3 Kofi Annan Scholars and 3 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Candidate Fellows.
• Sent more than a dozen students to the US and Europe to complete international internships and our capstone Industry Practical Project.
• Established a BBBEE Sustainability Fund that has completed four deals to date, including a flagship agreement with JP Morgan. We have also invested our reserves in this Fund and are growing an endowment.
• Developed over 200 enterprises on a pro-bono basis through our Ignition Centre in Cape Town, including Silulo Ulutho which has grown from one to eight IT centres in the township areas of greater Cape Town.
• Established a bridge financing and a micro-venture loan fund to support enterprise development.