Who we are
You are here: Home » Who we are » History
- 2002 two of the founders of TSiBA, Gia Whitehead and Leigh Meinert met while working together.
- 2003 the four founders of TSiBA, Adri Marais, Graham Lashbrooke, Gia Whitehead and Leigh Meinert came together to start TSiBA Education with funds donated by the Shuttleworth Foundation
- 2004 TSiBA Education was registered as a Section 21 company and the four founders spent the year planning to open doors…
- 2005 in Mowbray, Cape Town for TSiBA’s first 80 students.
- 2006 TSiBA moved to Old Mutual’s former training centre in Pinelands and the TSiBA Education Trust was initiated to help build towards long term sustainability.
- 2007 Graham Lashbrooke moved to head up Eden Campus in Karatara.
- 2007 Peter Kraan began mentoring entrepreneurs and the Ignition Centre was born. Our first students also graduated and one of them, Khanyisa Mtombeni, won a Mandela Rhodes scholarship.
- 2009, Eden Campus, now under the leadership of Sandy Ueckermann, became a part of TSiBA and TSiBA Eden was born.
- 2009 two more graduates, Asanda Dodi and Siyabonga Gobingca, were awarded the prestigious Mandela Rhodes scholarship.
- 2010 our BBA degree obtained full accreditation status and our HCBA was accredited.
- 2011 we registered a new offering, a Certificate in Practical Business Administration (CPBA) at the Further Education and Training (FET) level.
- 2011 a fourth TSiBA Graduate, Thobela Mfeti was awarded the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship.
- 2011The mandate of our Trust was integrated into the broader ambit of the TSiBA Fund.
- 2012 TSiBA students wrote and launched their first book titled “It Starts With ME”. In five years of producing graduates, Thokozile Mcopele became the fifth TSiBA Graduate to be awarded the prestigious Mandela Rhodes Scholarship.
- 2012 We launched TSiBA Executive Education and registered the PG Dip SEC. TSiBA partnered with Ekasi Entrepreneurship Academy and offered training to township entrepreneurs.
- 2013 Inaugural class of TSiBA’s first PG Dip SEC begins
- 2014 TSiBA celebrates 10 year milestone with the Power of 10 campaign highlight the exponential knock-on effect of TSiBA’s Pay it Forward ethos
- 2014 Additional two TSiBA graduates received Mandela Rhodes Scholarships – Joseph Maisels and Zikhona Ngumbela – bringing the total to seven! And two TSiBA students are awarded Kofi Annan Scholarships for postgraduate study: Andile Dyonase (Master’s in Finance in Geneva) and Khanyisa Ntombeni (MBA in Berlin)
- 2014 TSiBA Eden wins Gold Impumelelo Award for impact on rural access to education
- 2014 TSiBA wins the Mail & Guardian “Investing in the Future Youth Development Award”
- 2015 Siyabonga Gobingca becomes TSiBA’s 3rd graduate to win a Kofi Annan Scholarship to do his MBA in Berlin
- 2015 TSiBA Eden won Bronze Ministerial Youth Excellence Award
- 2015 TSiBA goes international and becomes a registered charity in the USA following on the creation of a Swiss Verein and a UK Trust