Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD)
You are here: Home » Programs & Centres » TSiBA Ignition Centre » Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD)
TSiBA’s 8 years of experience in entrepreneurship education and small business development makes it the ideal third party Co-Creator of customized Enterprise and Supplier Development services in line with the expectations of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Codes of Good Practice.
The Ignition Centre play an effective role in assisting local businesses to earn their scorecard points while at the same time ensuring that the development spirit of the legislation is upheld with integrity. Our current partnerships with ABSA, Business Partners, and SANLAM are prime examples of value-add customized, co-creation enterprise development programs to scale Small, Medium, and Micro Enterprises (SMME) to become part of the supply chain of the corporate sector. At TSiBA, we believe that real empowerment for SMME’s is linked to access to market and supply chain ready programs, which are prerequisites to meet National Growth Plan objectives to reduce poverty and address unemployment in South Africa.
Our impact is rigorously tracked using a number of metrics. In 2013, our two Ignition Centres – in Cape Town and TSiBA Eden – achieved the following results:
• 6,050+ training hours delivered to community members, entrepreneurs and other groups
• 1,039+ mentorship hours delivered
• 400+ entrepreneurs supported
• 8 entrepreneur networking sessions held with an average of 58 attendees per event.
In the News: Sanlam (Click here to learn more)
In April 2014, Sanlam launched its second enterprise development initiative in partnership with the TSiBA Ignition Centre. The aim of the initiative is to offer support to small enterprises to grow their businesses effectively and ensure sustainability. With this focus in mind, five small businesses that have a proven track record and are potential suppliers to Sanlam were identified:
1) Kwantu Guesthouses – accommodation, conferencing and event management
2) Belltech Electrical – electrical installation, maintenance and support
3) CTC Sports CC – marketing, design and embroidery of corporate and work apparel, promotional items and sports products
4) Deezal – custom-designed carpentry works and specialist flooring
5) Sidenocom 3@1 – retail trade in stationery, design and small-office services.
This is an exciting partnership between the TSiBA Ignition Centre and Sanlam to support Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD). Proof that doing good is good business!
During this 8-month programme, Sanlam’s funding will enable the TSiBA Ignition Centre to provide the entrepreneurs with business training, mentoring and support to strengthen their sustainability and profitability – which in turn supports the South African economy. The bonus for these entrepreneurs is that after they complete the programme they will gain the opportunity to become part of Sanlam’s supplier database. Congratulations to these successful entrepreneurs!